Friday, January 24, 2014

Teachers - My Mentor

Teachers - My Mentor


Many teachers entered my life 
But like you no one I cherish 
Many of them held my hand in worse 
But you're the one responsible for me to flourish... 

My redemption in badminton 
Was only possible because of you 
I don't know why you paid so much heed on me 
When I myself never thought I can too do.... 

I always felt of playing for fun 
But you taught me how to 'win' 
If you were not be there to guide me 
I would be just like an aeroplane without a fin.. 

Your teachings,lessons and diligence 
Can't be paid through any appreciating word 
Statements like 'Thank You' and kind-hearted quotes 
Are just felt cheap and kind of absurd.. 

I wish I could do wonders through that sport 
So that somewhere you would have felt proud 
But Sir, I won't forget you and your hard-work on me 
Till the day my face is completely covered with a shroud.... 

On this precious and auspicious occasion 
I and every 'true student of a teacher' just pray.. 
May God give you an eternal age and glory 
So that even my grand grandson can say you 'HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY' 

-Written By Basu Gupta 

No comments:

Post a Comment